GUESTS ONLINE

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

NOT FOR SALE - 60's / 70's Decorative Piece

WOOD CRAFT DECO
This piece of wood craft is a just a humble piece of wood deco which I acquired for a bargain RM20 at a local Tradeshop outlet.

Material wise it is only medium grade timber I think but the moment I saw it I simply knew that I must have it...

I felt a sense of of Dejavu with the piece, well it could have been a popular cheap decorative piece during the P Ramlee era .. 60's /70's  my guess..

What strike me about this piece is the exquisite patina..
Collector's generally  would pay a premium for any object with a good patina acquired over the years..

 A patina is a film that develops on the surface of metal, wood etc over time. Sometimes referred also as toning , it takes a lot of time for the enviroment to interact and change the original paint to the present golden glow seen  for this piece of  wood .






No comments:

Post a Comment