GUESTS ONLINE

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

LEAP YEAR POSTING- OIL PAINTING BY UNKNOWN ARTIST

29 FEBRUARY 2012 POSTING FOR SALE DECENT OFFERS CONSIDERED
I feel that I should add a posting today as 29th Feb only happens once  every 4 years, so today is indeed a special day.
To those who celebrate their birthdays today ,enjoy it cos your next bday is a long 4 year's wait.!
Readers who are observant would see that my posting today is listed  28th 2012??
I assure u that I am typing on the 29th Feb 2012, I seems to lose one day on my blog.. check settings?

So my posting for this year's leap year is a lovely oil painting which I acquired quite recently.
The artist is unknown maybe signed  " yadi " at bottom left hand corner.


The painting is not dated but it is believed to be pre ww2. Dimensions are 300mm x 300mm drawn on canvas.

I have 3 others pre ww2 'Malayan Themed " paintings which I hope to list eventually.
I am not an artist but the dealer described the painting  as expertly drawn and I am in agreement ( I bought it .. ).







I am into collecting old malayan memorabilia nowadays, old postcards , old photos, old paintings , old anything..

Would I sell it ? Generally everything on this blog is for sale but  those who are serious enough can contact me with their offers and will be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment