GUESTS ONLINE

Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 16, 2012

SEPANG F1 PROOF MEDALLION 1999

SOLD


 What I am posting today ia a proof silver F1 Sepang medallion.


I hope I can get some feedback from readers who knows more  about this medallion  than me, mintage , transacted price etc.?

This medallion is minted by Boustead Mint to commemorate   the   first  f1 Sepang 1999. These coins are part of official merchandise comprising Rm 25, Rm15 commemorative coins. The mintage for the coins are known but  for the medallion even the certicate COA is not numbered.

My online research  shows that Boustead Mint once operates a facility in Shah Alam but the company now is closed. So no writing to them for infos..

I have never come across any  similar medallion for sale online and image search on Goggle nothing..
But  I come across a non proof possibly non silver medallion image online in a slightly different looking box.
I think this medallion is quite rare as most sold during race days are snapped up by foreign fans coming to Sepang back then.
This would also explain the high prices commanded by proof coin RM25 nowadays. asking for above a thousand..
I wonder what would my medallion be worth?

No comments:

Post a Comment