GUESTS ONLINE

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 17, 2012

my oldest collectable piece " FOSSILS"

FOR SALE NEGOTIABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED
This is surely the oldest piece of collectable in my possession. These are fossilized   remains of sea creatures  millions/ thosands of years old.

Fossils are evidence of ancient life preserved in sedimentary rocks. On Earth, they are clues to what living things, ecosystems, and environments were like in the past. The oldest fossils are from mats of blue-green algae that lived over three billion years ago. The youngest fossils are from animals that lived before the beginning of recorded history, 10,000 years ago.

For me it  beyond my  capability to identify the species of the above specimen. The could well be extinct or ancestors of our present day shrimps.But the details is quite amazing.


 This is one of my best bargains ever. I actually this fossils from a peddlar selling under a tree at next to nothing cost.

If there are experts out there, I would appreciate if I can get better info as to the geologic period / rarity etc.

I think the shrimp generally would be rarer as it is soft skin unlike the seashell which hard skinned which is more conducive for fossilization process.

No comments:

Post a Comment