GUESTS ONLINE

Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2012

YTM TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN PUTRA'S LETTER



FOR SALE : DECENT OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED


Today is a great honour for me to share with readers a letter written by our first prime minister Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra ALHaj.

This letter in pristine condition  is written to a Miss D.Monreal an  officer of Commonwealth Relations Office London on 14th August 1967 thanking her for assistance and services rendered during the Tunku's trip to London.





It is obvious that the letter just shows how gracious the Tunku is.He is definitely a gentlemen of the old school and I am really honored to be the keeper of this precious document.




Also shown is the envelope used that is part of this historical postal set.  Even the envelope is personally handwritten by the Tunku himself and not  typed by his secretaries.I'm sure all Malaysian is pleased that this set is back on our shores.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am wondering if I am able to get a bigger and clearer picture of the envelope that the letter came in? Would you be willing to share? Please e-mail me at azza@ova.com.my for further clarification (this is not a spam fyi). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete