GUESTS ONLINE

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MY OLD CAMERA



FOR SALE  NEGOTIABLE OFFERS CONSIDERED

This post is to record on cyber world my old Yashica B TLR camera.

Yashica b is introduced circa 1959 and that is older than me! This B model is quite rare compared to other Yashica ranges of TLR cameras.






A twin-lens reflex camera (TLR) is a type of camera with two objective lenses of the same focal length. One of the lenses is the photographic objective or "taking lens" (the lens that takes the picture), while the other is used for the viewfinder system, which is usually viewed from above at waist .level.

The description above is quoted from wiki, I'm not at expert camera user, normally I just point and shoot..
Anyway this camera use 120mm roll and they are not easy to get nowadays. As far as I can made out , everything works, shutter clicks, focus okay ,autotimer okay . I took a snap from above to show the viewfinder looking in on my garden.
My teenager son ask me "how many USB port this old camera have? " ......
Once I cannot get the leather casing back on after taking it off, luckily  my friend manage to slid it back with no trouble..

I really would try to make an effort to acquire a roll of 120 film and see if it can work properly. I think b/w photos are really cool, will post once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment